Sun: Full sun to partial sun
Water: Typical water needs for a succulent
Temperature: Zone 9a from 20° F to 25° F (-6.7 ° C to -3.9° C) to Zone 12b from 55° F to 60° F (12.8° C to 15.6° C)
Winter Survival: Not cold hardy
Flower Type: Orange
Toxic: Generally non-toxic to humans and animals
Space Requirement: Indoors & Outdoors
Where to buy Echeveria ‘Tippy’?
Basc Care for Echeveria ‘Tippy’
Regular watering period should be every 2 weeks
You can water your succulent more than often in extreme conditions but make sure that the soil is completely dry before watering your succulent again.
Only feed this succulent during its active growing seasons which means winter. Use the right fertilizer applied in the right amounts. Applying half-strength balanced fertilizer every month or so is recommended for optimal results.
Do not fertilize during winter as the plant is dormant.
Sun & Location Requirements for "Echeveria ‘Tippy’"
Echeveria ‘Tippy’ needs full sun to partial sun in order to thrive. Aim for 6 hours of direct sunlight each day, and adjust depending on the season and your climate. If you don't have an outdoor spot that receives sufficient light, consider placing your succulent near a south-facing window all year round.
As per this succulent profile, it is only able to stay healthy when the environment temperature is above the range of zone 9a from 20° F to 25° F (-6.7 ° C to -3.9° C).
When temperatures drop below freezing, it is important to take precautions to protect Echeveria ‘Tippy’ from the cold. Insulating and providing adequate drainage for the plant are key elements in helping it survive winter weather. Wind and sun exposure should also be minimized to prevent frost damage.
Any succulents in the group will need a medium space to grow. You can place your pot at your table or window. Since this plant needs more space than mini succulents, you should consider do not plant them together with other succulents/plants.
One way to propagate Echeveria ‘Tippy’ is by cutting
Echeveria ‘Tippy’ is generally non-toxic to humans and animals. However, the plant may contain certain toxins which can cause mild skin irritation if it is ingested or comes in contact with skin. Therefore, it is important to keep the plant away from children and pets for safety reasons.